Sunday, October 19, 2014

Happy 'Duranniversary' "Big Thing"

   October 18, 1988                                                                                        

I went to Trax on Wax in my hometown of Northport, NY to try and buy this on the day it came out. 
They didn't have it, and I got a lot of attitude from the snobby guy who managed the store.
'We don't have THAT...try Record World...at the MALL' 

what a prick.
                                                                                               

Anyhoo...
I decided to drive into Huntington Village (about half an hour away) and try my luck at Soundtrax.
Not only did they have it, but the guy at the store was very nice when he gave it to me. I ended up getting the last copy they had.
Brought it home, listened to it, and loved it. The opening track (Big Thing) was a little jarring, and it took me a little time to get used to it. I was smooth sailing after that as I loved the rest of the songs on first listen.
'Lake Shore Driving'
I was freaked at the abrupt ending. I thought something had gone wrong with my turntable.
anyone else?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I came here because I googled "Lake Shore Driving abrupt finish". I've just listened to the CD and I thought something had gone wrong with the download.

    ReplyDelete